Tuesday, December 8, 2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Location: Online - Zoom Video Conference
Credits: 1.5 Hours Substantive
Moderator(s): Stephen Geday, Esq.
Speaker(s): Hon. Christopher Cerski, Hon. Karen Zucker, Hon. Edward Levine, Gregory Gifford, Esq.; Cary Hall, Esq. & David Keightly, Sr., Esq.
Topic: Please join us for a panel discussion addressing preliminary hearings in the wake of Commonwealth v. McClelland. The hearsay issue has been a bumpy ride, and we have a speaker rich panel addressing:
- The black letter law, case law and procedural history which brought us to today, and how McClelland affected or changed the legal landscape;
- How recent development have affected preliminary hearing practice;
- Lingering legal ambiguities;
- A comparison of practice in Bucks and Montgomery Counties in this regard;
- Adapted strategies for defense practice;
- And how the District Attorney's office has adapted and strategized. A Q&A session will follow the panel's presentation.
Members are eligible for special member discounts on CLE seminars and bar association events. To take advantage of member discounts, you must sign in.
To register for this CLE, please select your pricing category from the list below and click the "Register Now" button.